Author Topic: Some changes to the board categories and layout  (Read 1650 times)

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Some changes to the board categories and layout
« on: March 30, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
Steve and I have been discussing the addition of a new section for carving, crafts, etc. We are beginning to see enough posts in the bushcraft and skills section that we think further subdivding the categories into "crafts" and "skills" in this way will make it easier to find topics using the search function.

We will be moving wood craft related topics to the new section, while keeping skills related topics in the bushcraft and skills category. We will also change the category to "bushcraft skills" instead of bushcraft and skills.

We apologize for any initial confusion this may cause, but expansion is inevitable with our rapid growth, and we believe this will be a big improvement by helping to more accurately categorize our growing database.

Thanks for your patience as we move things around.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:31:57 PM by PetrifiedWood »

Offline Gryphon

• Water Stone
  • Hey y'all, watch this!
Re: Some changes to the board categories and layout
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
Sounds great to me boss!  That'll make it easier to post some things.
Jontok Bushy Class Approved!

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
*thumbs up*
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
Growing pains can be a good thing. The more categories the better, well to a certain extent.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »
Good stuff!
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline econnofoot

• Whetstone
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 01:46:17 AM »
I know still in the site is still young and all.  How about an 'DIY/Equipment 'Hack' Sub forum?  or something along those lines.
"I once Saw a Stripper in Amsterdam do the Scandi-Grind"

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 05:59:44 AM »
Doesn't matter to me, I surely understand the need for organization & partitioning the forum; but as I call what we do, & talk about here, "Woodcraft(s)" & "WoodLore", more than I use the term "Bushcrafting", I am wondering what you are defining as "crafts". as compared to "skills". Just seems to me that anything related to living & surviving in wilderness areas are basically all encompassing, no matter whether a person calls it Bushcraft(s),  WoodCraft(s) or Woodlore, or any other term. 

I'm not trying to be contrary, or argumentative...jus t curious...
 I'm just happy to be here.
:)

:-\ [size=78%] Hmm.. maybe I should just keep my trap shut... lol at myself.. ;) }[/size]
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)