Author Topic: A resource I just found...  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
A resource I just found...
« on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
Whether you're looking for non-perishables to take on an outing, or something to just stock away, this site might be of interest. Our local store is now offering some of these items.

http://www.augasonfarms.com/
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Re: A resource I just found...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:40:11 PM »
Thats a great site OP.      Do you purchase foods in this type of quantity?    The reason I ask is, I've looked at the #10 cans of raw eggs and butter.     What I worry about is.. with only two people once that can is open what do I do with it to keep it good?   

I did see the 'everyday' cans.    Thats the first I've seen in smaller quantities.     But the deal is still with the larger bulk. 

I wonder if in the soups if one can repackage into food saver bags into smaller quantities?   Would the longevitiy of the product shorten once that can is open?

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Re: A resource I just found...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:27:57 PM »

I wonder if in the soups if one can repackage into food saver bags into smaller quantities?   Would the longevitiy of the product shorten once that can is open?

WW.
If the dried contents were repackages in vacuum bags, or jars, I see no reason whey the shelf life wouldn't be comparable .
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.