Author Topic: Another Morning Paddle  (Read 1406 times)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
Another Morning Paddle
« on: June 30, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
Had no work today, so headed out to test the borrowed tandem kayak solo along with the cart I built for moving it around.  Both worked well.

I put in at a little boat ramp at Six Mile Landing (red in the below picture).

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
Re: Another Morning Paddle
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 06:37:04 PM »
Great pics and looks like you had a great day to be out.  I enjoyed reading about how they monitor and mix the salt and fresh water levels to maintain the waterway- very cool!

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »
Looks like a great day out. I'm really liking your kart with kickstand also, great job on that. What type of tandum were you paddling?

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »
The Yak is a Pelican Apex 129.  A friend had back surgery, so it is on loan until he can paddle again.  We're trying to figure out which one to get.  This one is a bit wide for my wife.

The cart went together in about 20 minutes.  I toyed with the idea of screwed joints so it could come apart.....maybe the next iteration of it.  I followed this youtube vid to make it.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 04:16:28 AM »
Very Cool! I like trying to get pics of birds. They always seen to let you get almost close enough.  :canoe:

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 04:30:49 AM »
The Yak is a Pelican Apex 129.  A friend had back surgery, so it is on loan until he can paddle again.  We're trying to figure out which one to get.  This one is a bit wide for my wife.

The cart went together in about 20 minutes.  I toyed with the idea of screwed joints so it could come apart.....maybe the next iteration of it.  I followed this youtube vid to make it.

Let us know what kind of tandum you settle on. I need to go test some tandems out one of these days.

Thanks for the video on the cart, I really do like that design.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »

Let us know what kind of tandum you settle on. I need to go test some tandems out one of these days.

Thanks for the video on the cart, I really do like that design.

I'd like to test drive a Native Ultimate 15 Tandem.