Author Topic: Italian Canvas Backpacks, Part II  (Read 7503 times)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Italian Canvas Backpacks, Part II
« on: July 15, 2014, 04:02:52 PM »
I just got in more of the Italian Canvas backpacks.

They are made of durable canvas with padded straps and the 2 outside pockets have laces that makes them adjustable. Overall height 15", Depth 5", Width 14". Side pockets Depth 2", Height 14.5", Width 5".

This is a really nice piece that makes a great day pack and if you pack carefully can easily be an overnight weekend pack.  It has straps on the bottom to secure a bedroll, expandable side pockets that swallow a nalgene.   

The Bad NEWS

Unlike the Italian Rucks I have previously offered, these are NOT new.  They may have stains, signs of use and maybe a small split seam or tear. They still have plenty of life in them.

The GOOD NEWS

I am offering the best of them at half the price of the new packs.  $17.50 each plus shipping

And for the Do-it-yourselfer Fixer Upper guys I have some in rough condition that you can purchase for only $11.99.  These will need some love but if you don't mind doing some repairs and intend to upgrade the straps, these are a great buy.

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
Re: Italian Canvas Backpacks, Part II
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
I have 2 of these from the last batch and they are awesome. Well, I guess I only have 1 now because my son took one to camp with him. He has put it through the ringer I'm sure but I put my eyes on it Sunday and no doubt it is a very good and very affordable piece of kit.

Creek

Axes Rock!

Offline simplejester

• Mill File+
    • Survival KIts
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »
Count me in, Beast!  ;D
Being Prepared Is More Than A State Of Mind.
www.survivalkitshq. blogspot.com

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
Count me in, Beast!  ;D

Done

I have 2 of these from the last batch and they are awesome. Well, I guess I only have 1 now because my son took one to camp with him. He has put it through the ringer I'm sure but I put my eyes on it Sunday and no doubt it is a very good and very affordable piece of kit.

Creek

You could always use another.  Just saying.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline Fink

• Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »
Nice stuff
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:25:28 AM by Fink »
Truckin ain't for sissies!

Offline NVRDONE

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:48:26 AM »
Any bigger guys have one of these, and how does it fit? I'm 5'11" and 260#. My ilbe assault pack is great but I'm looking for something more traditional looking.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »
Any bigger guys have one of these, and how does it fit? I'm 5'11" and 260#. My ilbe assault pack is great but I'm looking for something more traditional looking.

This was asked in a previous thread and here is one reply;

Quote from: Mudtar on March 15, 2013, 07:24:21 PM

Do the straps on these packs adjust out enough for a big guy?

I am 6'2", a 3-X shirt (used to be a 58" chest...getting old and busted...I'm thinking a 52" now).  Mine fits fully adjusted out and sits high on my back, but it is comfy and rides really well.  I am wanting to do an ALICE strap conversion for more room, but haven't yet.

Offline simplejester

• Mill File+
    • Survival KIts
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »

This was asked in a previous thread and here is one reply;

Quote from: Mudtar on March 15, 2013, 07:24:21 PM

Do the straps on these packs adjust out enough for a big guy?

I am 6'2", a 3-X shirt (used to be a 58" chest...getting old and busted...I'm thinking a 52" now).  Mine fits fully adjusted out and sits high on my back, but it is comfy and rides really well.  I am wanting to do an ALICE strap conversion for more room, but haven't yet.

Well cool! I may not need to modify mine when I get it after all. I would rather leave it just the way it was made. I am 6'1" and usually stay right around 200lbs. I will let you guys know how it works out!

Offline simplejester

• Mill File+
    • Survival KIts
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
I received my ruck today and it is AWESOME! I adjusted the straps out and it fits perfectly. So, unless your are extremely large, no mods. are needed. Thanks Mike!

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 07:39:50 PM »
I received my ruck today and it is AWESOME! I adjusted the straps out and it fits perfectly. So, unless your are extremely large, no mods. are needed. Thanks Mike!

Excellent.  I'm glad you liked it.  I think I may even keep one for myself this time.  I tell myself that every time I get another bunch. 

I got a package in the mail today too with a bunch of goodies in it.  But I'm bushed from a couple of long days of travel, and it deserves it's own thread so tomorrow....

Offline ncnurseryman

• Whetstone +
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »
I'll take one.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 06:49:54 AM »

Offline Fink

• Whetstone +
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 06:59:26 PM »
Do you have any more?
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »
Do you have any more?

Yes I do.

Offline Fink

• Whetstone +
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »
This upcoming Friday I will buy one.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »
This upcoming Friday I will buy one.

I'll hold one for you, thanks.    :thumbsup:

Offline g_dan

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:47 AM »
You still have some? And, how much will it be for shipping one to Italy?
Thank you :)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »
You still have some? And, how much will it be for shipping one to Italy?
Thank you :)

g_dan, welcome to B & B.  I have some in stock.  Shipping to Italy is $35.50. 

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
Just a bump, there are still a few left.

Offline Fink

• Whetstone +
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 10:38:45 AM »
Do you have any new ones left?
Truckin ain't easy!

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
All the ones I have in this listing are used.  I still have some available.

Offline icentropy

• Whetstone
    • Icentropy.com
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »
Well i joined just to get more info on these packs. I'm interested in getting one. Are the pics up above of a new or used one? any examples of what a used one will look like? I'm more concerned about the split seems or wear on them. Also shipping to 98844?

Thanks!
Leather, wood, steel, wool, waxed canvas, beer, coffee, venison, a hunk of sharp aged cheddar and a bowl of good pipe tobacco. Everyday is a blessing.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 02:36:21 PM »
Well i joined just to get more info on these packs. I'm interested in getting one. Are the pics up above of a new or used one? any examples of what a used one will look like? I'm more concerned about the split seems or wear on them. Also shipping to 98844?

Thanks!

I sent you a PM, thank you for your interest.

Offline icentropy

• Whetstone
    • Icentropy.com
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 02:30:09 AM »

Thanks!

I sent you a PM, thank you for your interest.

Just wanted to say thank you for the great pack and fast shipping. Just received it today and couldn't wait to start packing it up for my next trip. Looks to be the perfect size for what I wanted.
Leather, wood, steel, wool, waxed canvas, beer, coffee, venison, a hunk of sharp aged cheddar and a bowl of good pipe tobacco. Everyday is a blessing.