Author Topic: Fallkniven H1  (Read 1337 times)

Offline 8yearplan

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
Fallkniven H1
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
Has anyone tried the Fallkniven H1 knive?

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Re: Fallkniven H1
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »
Has anyone tried the Fallkniven H1 knive?

Can't help you with the H-1,  but I really like my F-1,  there's not much difference between the two except for blade length,  both standard H-1 and F-1 models are made of Laminated VG-10 stainless super steel,  it sharpens to razor sharp and holds a decent edge,  if you choose to baton with it it works fine,  but I wouldn't use it as a chopper or you risk chipping the blade edge.
  I have heard complaints about edge chipping,  but tests run by Fallkniven have proved that the only time chipping takes place is when the knife is used in chopping or if batoning over a hard surface where the knife might strike rocks or gravel,  I've had mine for about a year and never had a problem with the edge,  and haven't had to sharpen it past a stropping now and then.

In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline pommie

• Whetstone +
  • ozzie in IL
Re: Fallkniven H1
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »
I have both the F1 and the H1 and the handle on the H1 is a lot more rounded and a better fit if you like the palm swell, the H1 just has a better feel to it all around to me, I have traded F1's but still have my original H1 and will not get traded any time soon, the steel is the same as the F1 but the H1 is more of a saber grind than a FFG convex.

thanks