Author Topic: Base Camp  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Alan Halcon

• Whetstone +
Base Camp
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
I had a long weekend teaching skills, but somehow made it to basecamp after it was all said and done. Of course My basecamp was being part of a sideshow exhibit at the L.A. County Fair... It's alright. I leave to the Sierras tomorrow, so I'm happy

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Re: Base Camp
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:51:25 PM »
Will you be taking all this with you to the Sierras ?    I love the looks of your camp. :)

WW
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.  My kinda camp.   :thumbsup:
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Alan Halcon

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »
Woodswoman, Alas, my trip to the Sierras will be fast with many miles covered, so will not have the luxury of using this type of camp?To heavy and unwieldy. It is a hit and run trip, unfortunately.

I will be using a starlight shelter (on the ground open view to the sky), or hammock where appropriate (preferable)

Thanks for the compliments, guys, but, really, the setup belongs to a good friend of mine?A back country Mule packer.

Offline flatlander88

• Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »
Great looking camp Alan!

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 06:39:23 AM »
Here's a couple of my camp at Alafia Rendezvous.  Hush is in his Santa hat in the first one.  I'm pretty sure he felted it himself.

My fat ass in my first Rendezvous.  I had a ball.

Period stuff is hard corp and very doable.  Rock the old school boys.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:32 AM »
You two guys had great looking 'period' campsites there, but you've got to work on the clothing a little more. :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:39 AM »
Hey farmer, Hush is as period correct as can be.  And my outfit is hand me down from him except the pillow tick shorts I'm sporting.  I spilled coffee all over my knickers and they look like I'm incontinent.  Diggin' out the sewing machine for this year.

Jeez,  gettin' grief in full linen.  weiner. :shrug:
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »
I offer my most sincere apologies........fr om the photo alone, I thought your shorts were seersucker instead of pillow ticking. :hail:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
I'll let it pass 'cause you're probably wearing blue jean overalls right now.  Who can point finners at that...  :)
Hunter S, Thompson