Knife and Tool Discussion > Custom Knives

Custom or semi-custom folding knives.

(1/2) > >>

wsdstan:
I have been looking for a slip joint custom knife lately and have found a couple of makers.  One is more of a production maker and the other is a custom maker who uses his own designs and offers friction folders and locking versions along with a couple of automatic designs.

Chris Crawford out of Mississippi is the custom maker.  His slip joint is superb looks wise and I think it is as well made as any I have seen going by his videos.  No prices but I found a comment about one that was a bit old and it said $200.  I suspect they are higher priced these days.  Not sure of his steel either.
https://chriscrawfordknives.com/knives/slipjoints/

The other is North Arm Knives out of British Columbia.  They make a nice looking slip joint folder as well as kitchen, fishing, and hunting fixed blade patterns.  Steel on the folders is CPM S35VN

https://northarmknives.com/product/skaha-folder/

One issue with these first two is the waiting list.  Crawford will contact you when he has knives but doesn't say how long that might be.  North Arm has a waiting list and it has been running a year but that might shorten up as they have moved into larger space and increased production ability.  At my age waiting lists are not good.

If I depart from these two there is a production knife available from Enzo. One of their folders is a Birk 75 liner lock.  It is a good looking knife and about the same size as the above makers produce. 
Specs:
Blade Length: 2.95?
Blade Thickness: .12?
Closed Length: 4.1?
Grind: Scandi
Blade Steel: S30V

Anyway half the fun is looking for good stuff.  I am going to see what Crash has on his FB page and call it a night.

crashdive123:
I've been avoiding it, but making folders is on my to learn list.

Mannlicher:
custom folders are priced out of my comfort zone

wsdstan:
Sam the Skaha II folder from North Arm is $230 with the clip and shipping.  The Crawford I am not sure of price wise but it used to be a bit over $200.  These prices are for a slip joint so they are more than a lot of them but way under a one off custom. 

The North Arm is really a production knife of course and the Crawford is sort of a production knife as the differences are just the handle material I think.

Mannlicher:
I have several nice slip joint traditional knives, Great Eastern and other sources.  I got a new price list from a friend that makes seriously good folders.  His start at $500.  And.......go up.    WAY up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version