Knife and Tool Discussion > Custom Knives

Little Whittler / Neck Knife

(1/7) > >>

Kep:
Got a new knife yesterday, and what a superb little tool it is too, the blade is 2 1/4"  in length with a scandi grind, unusually for a such a small knife it's full tang, the knife is finished off with a hand shaped Walnut handle that has some incredible deep colours in it.

It came nice and sharp and is incredibly comfortable to use in all of the grips associated with wood carving and whittling, the handle flows beautifully into the blade with a well thought out forward taper making grips such as the chest lever, where you place your thumb flat against the side of the blade very comfortable indeed. 

The maker of this superb little knife?, well I'm keeping that one to myself for the time being as he is unsure at the moment whether he should start making these to sell, no it's not me, personally, i think he should make these for general sale and i see a bright future for him if he does.

Remo007:

--- Quote from: Kep on March 09, 2012, 04:57:12 AM ---Got a new knife yesterday, and what a superb little tool it is too, the blade is 2 1/4"  in length with a scandi grind, unusually for a such a small knife it's full tang, the knife is finished off with a hand shaped Walnut handle that has some incredible deep colours in it.

It came nice and sharp and is incredibly comfortable to use in all of the grips associated with wood carving and whittling, the handle flows beautifully into the blade with a well thought out forward taper making grips such as the chest lever, where you place your thumb flat against the side of the blade very comfortable indeed. 

The maker of this superb little knife?, well I'm keeping that one to myself for the time being as he is unsure at the moment whether he should start making these to sell, no it's not me, personally, i think he should make these for general sale and i see a bright future for him if he does.

--- End quote ---
Nice Lil' Blade there Kep! :) Looks like she would be VERY Comfy in the hand!!! 8)

Kep:

--- Quote from: Remo007 on March 09, 2012, 07:43:58 AM ---
Nice Lil' Blade there Kep! :) Looks like she would be VERY Comfy in the hand!!! 8)

--- End quote ---

It's lovely, very tactile and very controllable for those delicate cuts

Kep:
Ive already asked a chap here to guess a price (so Easy Rider dont say nowt as you know how much it cost), but looking at the knife chaps, how much would you happily pay for it.

I'll reiterate it so people know, i didnt make it.

Kep:
Knocked up (read - modified) a scandi style sheath for this knife, suits it perfectly, will get some pics tomorrow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version