Knife and Tool Discussion > Custom Knives

Thank you Red!

(1/9) > >>

PetrifiedWood:
So I just got back from the post office. I knew there were some packages, and I knew Red was sending me something. But I had no idea how cool it would be!

Many of you guys have built one or more of Red's kit knives. As you know, his blades make great knives. So imagine my surprise when I see these beauties in the box!

He sent me 2 of his new woodlore re-design. this profile has a bit of a beefier belly in the handle area than the traditional woodlore, and when they are finished out they look great. I haven't had the pleasure of holding one yet, but from handling the blade blanks it feels like it will be a comfy handle. These came in two flavors, 1095, and O1. red knows that 1095 is outside of my comfort zone so it was very thoughtful to send the two types of steel.

He also sent one of his original Bush Beast blanks. This truly is a beast of a blade. 3/16" thick O1 and it will be another awesome knife when it's finished. It will also be stepping into new territory because the design calls for a pommel plate, something I've never done before.

Anyhow, just wanted to say thank you Steve! I will build these to the best of my ability, and it's going to be a lot of fun in the process. :)

GrowlingBear:
That's quite a haul, PW!  That was cool of Red to send you those.  My question is:  why aren't they done yet?!  LMAO

greyhound352:
Those are a cool gift. Have some fun outside of your comfort zone.  Good on Steve!

upthecreek:
I can't wait to see what you do with them. I want to build his new woodlore. I have to move at least one out first. Can you explain a little more as to why you have issue between the different steels. I've found I like O1 over 1095 for some reason. Seems to spark the ferro rod better too. 

Red:
happy birthday brother! now get to work!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version