Author Topic: COVID VACCINES  (Read 2538 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Re: COVID VACCINES
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2021, 09:39:00 AM »
I had not thought about that Crash, I am all for getting $$$$$$$$$$  when I am too old to do anything with it.

wolfy we are chomping at the bit.  The museum opens May 1 unless we ask for a special audience with the Pope.   ???
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2021, 10:03:32 AM »
Sue and I got the second vaccine shot today.  Moderna.  The PA tells us we might have some aches and pains, nausea and tiredness but it will only last a day or two.  Hope that is all.   :P

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2021, 04:09:58 PM »
My buddy on the fire department (Battallan Chief) has been chasing me around with a covid test kit for days.  He want's to vax me too. 

I've been violently ill for a week.  Sticking a swap into my brain will make me puke AGAIN!  Get the F away from me, best friend! 

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2021, 04:24:40 PM »
I had a visual of a guy dressed up like a fireman chasing your azz around town with a two foot long Q tip and a fist full of vials.
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »
We went to the Fareway store in Sioux City this afternoon to pick up some of the things we have not had access to since last March.  They have the best meat case in the area, but didn't offer curbside pickup during the Covid thing.  It was great to finally get some of the GOOD stuff we haven't been able to get for a long time! :banana:

Life is returning to normal again....for us, anyway. :shrug:     Heather has even been making noises about heading to San Antonio again for a few days.  She's workin' on me, but as most of you know, I'm somewhat of a hard case & the riding season is upon us, besides. 

Air up those knobbies, Stan! ;D
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2021, 11:21:08 AM »
He convinced me on the test.  I think I'm ok with the nasal swab now.  I have friends who are compromised. So I can deal with a brain for them.  Just like I wear a mask in Publix supermarket to make the geezers feel better.

Still not cool with a vax that doesn't cure and changes my mRNA.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2021, 12:58:04 PM »
My tires are aired up and the oil is okay for some time Craig.  I am putting a small duffle bag to fit on the back and hopefully that is all I have to bring.  The left side exhaust can makes saddle bags hard to fit without extending the top rack to clear the exhaust. 

We got 260' of 12" water pipe to install this year but it is wide open to do.  My neighbor and I will do it ourselves.  Should be at most a two day job but last time I said that it took a week.   :-\

Not much reaction for me to the vaccine but Sue is really tired today.  That seems to be all that is going on right now and we should both be fine by Sunday.  Then it takes two weeks to be at full effect.

I rode the ATV out to check the headgate on the ditch this morning for pipe size and waited until the temp hit 40.  Like to froze coming back in the wind but Weatherman Mostly Wrong said we are headed for 71 F on Sunday, hope they are right.

(Mark Twain)

Offline Estacado

• Mill File
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2021, 01:33:07 PM »
Five days now after the J&J Vaccination. Tenderness at injection site is the only side affect so far. Had rouble finding a place to get any Vaccination here in South Texas. The VA facility was 25 miles away in downtown San Antonio. So I got on I-35 and drove 25 miles south to a Clinic and got my shot. I wanted the J&J shot for several reasons, so it worked out for me.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 03:07:39 PM »
So this summer if you don't show your vac card you can't go to any events. Yeah. I'm moving out of NY a.s.ap. Took 3 loads of scrap to the recycling center. Sold the junk 2010 for $800 after putting almost $3000 into the peice of junk. Throwing away most of my other stuff too. Nothing I need except a paycheck and wife.  Has anybody delt with those "we buy houses" people? One add say's we pay cash for your home. Hmmm???
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 04:53:36 PM »
Five days now after the J&J Vaccination. Tenderness at injection site is the only side affect so far. Had rouble finding a place to get any Vaccination here in South Texas. The VA facility was 25 miles away in downtown San Antonio. So I got on I-35 and drove 25 miles south to a Clinic and got my shot. I wanted the J&J shot for several reasons, so it worked out for me.

Well you're one and done then.  Good deal.  The second moderna shot is the one that can really bite some folks.  Anyway, glad you are doing okay.
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 07:27:53 PM »
So this summer if you don't show your vac card you can't go to any events. Yeah. I'm moving out of NY a.s.ap. Took 3 loads of scrap to the recycling center. Sold the junk 2010 for $800 after putting almost $3000 into the peice of junk. Throwing away most of my other stuff too. Nothing I need except a paycheck and wife.  Has anybody delt with those "we buy houses" people? One add say's we pay cash for your home. Hmmm???

The "We buy houses for cash" flolks will offer you about 50 - 60% of what you could sell it for outright.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2021, 08:02:46 PM »
Yep they will skin you quickly just like the guys who will buy your car.  For half of NADA.
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2021, 01:42:26 AM »
Yeah.  Patience with the house sale.  Think about how long it would take and how much work is involved to score that amount of cash.

FYI.  North Central FL (Lake City) is nice.