Author Topic: COVID VACCINES  (Read 2537 times)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
COVID VACCINES
« on: January 01, 2021, 10:40:48 AM »
Yay or Nay?  :shrug:      Poll results become visible only after you cast your vote. :coffee:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline boomer

• Whetstone
Re: COVID VACCINES
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
IF and only IF any vaccine offered has been rigorously tested through valid double blind methods and the results peer reviewed and published in valid publicly available journals then the response is YES.   

Unfortunately, in these times of "alternative facts", unhinged partisanship, conspiracy nonsense, outright disinformation campaigns and profit worshipping attitudes that approach seems the only reasonable course. Otherwise, I suggest caution.

One current vaccine appears to meet most of those conditions for scientific review.

This pandemic is nothing to be sneezed at and may turn out to have more serious long term effects than we can currently assess.

Our nation has the highest rates of infection and associated death by far. Eugenics based theories of herd immunity are grounded in prejudice and hate not science. Conspiracy nonsense is based in well, it's hard to say.

Other nations have been laid low by disease on occasion throughout history. Nothing guarantees we won't end up the same way.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:23:56 PM by boomer »

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 01:48:47 PM »
I'll take it for sure!  Having just had Bell's Palsy puts me in a high risk group as well so when it's available I'm on it!

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 03:21:40 PM »
I've been vaxxed with so much since I was a child and put so much junk into my body that really shouldn't have been in it, that what's two more shots.

Publix gave me a 10 dollar gift card to get a flu shot.  I think I should get something to get a wu flung du shot.  How about a 5 lb bag of 8 o'clock coffee?

And if I grow another leg or drop dead in my tracks... it's been one hell of a ride.

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 03:23:21 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 03:45:52 PM »
That Pfizer and other makers have been indemnified by .gov against all claims of adverse reactions makes me uneasy.
I am not making any quick decisions about getting a shot.    You simply cannot do the clinical trials necessary for proof of efficacy in the short time the vaccine was under development.

Offline boomer

• Whetstone
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »
That Pfizer and other makers have been indemnified by .gov against all claims of adverse reactions makes me uneasy.
I am not making any quick decisions about getting a shot.    You simply cannot do the clinical trials necessary for proof of efficacy in the short time the vaccine was under development.

Manufacturers of vaccines were already indemnified prior to Covid 19. Been that way for a long time - only way they would play. There is a public fund maintained to assist folks with adverse events post vaccination. Some clinical trials have been completed and are undergoing extensive peer review.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 05:39:51 AM »
your response is incorrect.  I spent years in the pharma manufacturing biz, and have many contacts still working in the field.  This is a cluster f, er, a big mess,  rushed tdo market for political reasons.  There is no recourse for patients that have subsequent issues.   
That said,  the likelihood of an adverse reaction is always low, and folks should look at the risk/benefit data,  then make a decision

Offline boomer

• Whetstone
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »
Thank you for the response Mannlicher. I certainly agree with the concerns about political expediency. Not saying that is the entire picture or that the medical science is flawed but in these times it must be understood the fact and truth are viewed by some as unnecessary obstacles to political policy.

If I'm reading you correctly we're making the same points. Perhaps I could have been clearer in mine.

The reference to indemnification concerned Pfizer's Covid vaccine being added to the list maintained by the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program which has existed since the 1980s. Again, not intending to raise issues of merit or the rationale why the fund exists or operates just noting that it already is considered a necessary common practice.

I'm in no way arguing against vaccines or diminishing the obvious benefits to individual and public health; it's just the opposite. At the same time we cannot ignore the disinformation, outright lies and numerous verified instances of deliberate suppression of fact based messaging, including disparaging science or scientists and firing them for not toeing a particular line, for distinctly political reasons - an observation that applies beyond the current pandemic.

If we can learn anything important about managing pandemics from our current situation (it is not the last pandemic we'll see) it might be that actual facts and the "alternative" nonsense each have real world consequences. In many years of teaching aspiring health care providers this particular situation was never imagined. I thought we, as a nation, had moved past the long discredted eugencs stuff. But for some it seems otherwise.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 03:54:39 PM »
Gov Cuomo say's it's going to be manadtory. Sending national gaurd house to house. Those that refuse will go to interment/concentration camps. The world has already changed. On my way south and west soon....
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 10:22:32 PM »
Gov Cuomo say's it's going to be manadtory. Sending national gaurd house to house. Those that refuse will go to interment/concentration camps. The world has already changed. On my way south and west soon....

What is your source that?  He's made no public statement of the sort that I am aware of.

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 01:32:56 PM »
Phaedrus
    My initial reaction is this sounds out of character for XJ35s. Is it possible his account has been compromised by an imposter?

Now,,,,,,Mannlicher on the other hand  :rofl: has been known to throw a verbal grenade just to watch the dust fly !!  :lol: :lol:

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »
Cuomo said it in one of his speeches. It is out of charector for me and I'm basically repeating what my wfe said. She's a part of the mass hysteria that's going on with all the conspiracy theories.

Here is the title 8 changes.
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/a11179

I've been off site pretty much since I quit my job and took the summer off. Back to work driving dump truck now.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 04:10:59 PM »
Nice to see a post from you XJ.  Wondered where you went.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »
Thanks. I'll try to add some good content...

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 03:39:18 AM »
3 of my cousins got the Moderna vaccine. I hear that's the bad one? I'll be following closely to see what effects it has on them. wobbly legs, brain bleeding like that Florida Doctor?

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 08:22:32 AM »
A couple of people died after "vaccination" here in South Dakota.  I don't know what formulation they got and they are not saying much about it.  There has been an increase in advertising and the local health care king pin is sending emails about getting on the list. 

Hope your relatives do okay.
(Mark Twain)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 10:49:51 AM »
Fauci/ Gates saying everyone will HAVE to be vaccinated. I'm putting it off as long as possible. Two masks? What kind of B.S. is this?

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 01:07:10 PM »
Heather & I just got our first doses of the the Moderna vaccine about an hour ago.  No brain-bleeding yet, but then again, in my case....how could you know? :shrug: :lol:

The way I see it, this virus will probably be with us forever and there will be no way to avoid getting the disease unless you get vaccinated or believe in herd-immunity.  :rolleyes:    I'm just going to take my chances with the vaccination and continue to take precautions.  We have been very careful, so far and have avoided getting it, but almost everyone I know here in town has come down with it....some get mild cases, some end up in the hospital and some have crossed the divide.  Seems like whichever path you take, there is risk....it's a 'shot in the dark,' so, who knows? :shrug:

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 01:12:53 PM »
I think you channelled my thoughts wolfy.
Are you psychic?

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 02:04:19 PM »
Psychic:  probably not. :shrug:

Psychotic: you be the judge. :coffee:

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 02:26:05 PM »
You might have been the most stable personality around the campfire last year.

Me?  Not so much...

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 05:33:37 PM »
Pictures of Tony always remind me of Wembley, the main character, in Fraggle Rock.  He looks like he is having fun.

We got an email to get on the wait list for the vaccine but have not done it yet.  Around here they are still working on the 80 year old and up sector.
(Mark Twain)

Offline duxdawg

• Whetstone +
  • paleo/primitive/aboriginal, Fur Trade, Wilderness
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
Nothing to see here...

"A 39-year-old woman with no known comorbidities died unexpectedly in northern Ohio within 48 hours of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, which was reportedly required by her employer." 
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/39-year-old-nurse-aide-dies-within-48-hours-of-receiving-mandated-covid-19-shot   

"329 Deaths + 9,516 Other Injuries Reported Following COVID Vaccine, Latest CDC Data Show"
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/329-deaths-9516-other-injuries-reported-following-covid-vaccine-cdc/   

"James (he gives his last name in the video) is a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), and he recorded this video as a whistleblower because he could not keep silent any longer. James reports that in 2020 very few residents in the nursing home where he works got sick with COVID, and none of them died during the entire year of 2020. However, shortly after administering the Pfizer experimental mRNA injections, 14 died within two weeks, and he reports that many others are near death." 
"...after being injected with the mRNA shot, residents who used to walk on their own can no longer walk. Residents who used to carry on an intelligent conversation with him could no longer talk."

"And now they are dying. ?They?re dropping like flies."

"...the residents who refused to take the injections, are not sick, according to James.   

"This is a very clear pattern now. Inject the elderly with the mRNA injections, then blame their illnesses and deaths on the COVID virus." 

https://healthimpactnews.com/2021/cna-nursing-home-whistleblower-seniors-are-dying-like-flies-after-covid-injections-speak-out/   

"Moderna, the manufacturer of one of the COVID mRNA vaccines that has currently been issued emergency use authorization, has actually published on their website that this is true: the mRNA vaccine injects an ?operating system? into your body that they call ?The Software of Life.?

The Globalists have become so bold, and the human masses have become so compliant, that they are no longer doing these things in secret, but right out in the open for all to see." 

https://healthimpactnews.com/2021/the-new-mrna-covid-vaccines-inject-an-operating-system-into-your-body-not-a-conspiracy-theory-moderna-admits-it/ 

Moderna link from above article:
https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-technology/mrna-platform-enabling-drug-discovery-development   

Offline duxdawg

• Whetstone +
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2021, 07:31:12 PM »
To those who have been paying attention, the politicization of the China virus, and the extremely rushed experimental vaccines, are simply pieces of the over arching agenda. All one needs is the courage to examine what's before us with logical, critical thinking.

The current political landscape, of which the China virus and vaccines are an integral part, is just the latest iteration of the Tytler Cycle.

You'd think we'd learn.

http://commonsensegovernment.com/the-tytler-cycle-revisited/ 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/conservatives-must-now-draw-line-sand-and-stop-great-reset

"This agenda has a pretty obvious set of goals, many of them openly admitted to by the World Economic Forum, and some of them strongly implied by the extreme political left and the media. They include:

1) Perpetual pandemic lockdowns and economic controls until the population submits to medical tyranny.

2) Medical passports and contact tracing as a part of everyday life.

3) The censorship and de-platforming of all voices that oppose the agenda.

4) Greatly reduced economic activity in the name of stopping ?climate change?.

5) Greatly increased poverty and the loss of private property.

6) The introduction of ?Universal Basic Income? in which the government becomes the all-powerful welfare provider and nursemaid for a generation of dependent and desperate people.

7) A cashless society and digital currency system where privacy in trade is completely erased.

8) creation of a ?shared economy? in which no one will own anything and independent production is outlawed.

9) The deletion of national borders and the end of sovereignty and self-determination.

10) The centralization of global political power into the hands of a select few elitists.

Now, you would think that most sensible people would be opposed to such a dystopian agenda. It would inevitably lead to mass death in economic terms, as well as war. Unless you are a psychopath that gets a vicarious thrill from the brutal oppression of millions of people, or you are a globalist that stands to gain immense power, there is nothing about the Reset that benefits you."

Zero Hedge: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. 

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2021, 07:41:15 PM »
Good grief.  Now that is pretty convincing.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 08:52:49 PM »
I would say referring to it as "the Chinese virus" is not only comically silly but the most absurd kind of politicizing.  As an FYI, the vaccine took almost 50 years to create!  Work started in 1971, mostly at state funded universities.  It involved cracking many extremely difficult problems, and early on it was seen as promising against Coronaviruses (which have plagued humans since the very beginning of our species).  It really was an "overnight success" that took almost a human lifetime!  It's fascinating to delve into but you won't learn about it from Parler or OAN nor Facebook.  Not that you really care about the impact of SARS-Cov-2 but a fellow at that other forum has lost five friends and his father to this disease so I'm sure tinfoil isn't good protection from it.

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2021, 10:18:51 PM »
   Well, that didn't last long.
   Quote from PW on 21 January of this year. Just over two weeks ago.
    " I think it's best we all keep our posts focused on knives and outdoor pursuits, and let the politicians worry about politics.  Could they affect our enjoyment of the outdoors?  Of course.  But arguing about it with other people online will not improve the situation for any of us, and could be detrimental in the future depending on how things end up."

The evangelists of AM talk radio are alive and well, still attempting to convert those that disagree.
   Insert a long Paul Harvey sigh here 

Offline duxdawg

• Whetstone +
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 03:48:26 PM »
Ah, so your solution is to silence the Truth on yet another forum.
How very Orwellian of you.

If you and the rest of the completely unmoored from reality whackadoodle corrupt commie libtards have your way, this will be the new (un)reality.
?Everything faded into mist. The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.?
― George Orwell 

The libtards see a man with a nice family, good job, big house, etc and say, "No one should have so much."
Then they throw screaming hissy fits, assault innocent people, burn buildings, file frivolous lawsuits, pass immoral insane oppressive laws, etc. Basically destroy everything in sight.

We conservative AM Talk Radio types say, "Everyone should have so much."
Then we roll up our sleeves and work to make it possible.

Me, I cherish my Freedom.
Especially to say and do as seems Right, Just and True to me.
Indeed, I enlisted in the US Army to defend that Right for all Americans.
?Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.?
― George Orwell

Note that saying, "2+2=4? is now considered hate speech, a lie that should be suppressed by any means possible, a conspiracy theory, AM Talk Radio propaganda, etc.

Sadly the libturds refuse to give us the same respect and freedom we have always given them.

Make no mistake about it:
This is an existential war.

The libturds simply will not be happy until everyone is condemned to maximum poverty, misery, enslavement and death.
So sad.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 05:22:59 PM »
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday.  Woke up with a sore arm, achy and a headache (which are typical published side-effects of this particular vaccine).   The first shot only had a little arm soreness.

I'll tell you why I decided to get the shot...

My family knows several different medical professionals, EMTs, RNs, a pharmacist, and a few MDs, including our family doctor.  ALL of them got the vaccine.   So either our friends are all lying to us and part of a vast conspiracy, or they believe the vaccine is safe.

Now, if my doctor tells me the vaccine is safe, I'm going to trust him.  Because I also trust him with my overall health.  I trust that he knows which treatments are appropriate for which ailments.  And it would be totally illogical to trust him with asthma, or diabetes, or cancer, or anything else, and NOT trust him with a vaccine.  Either he knows what he's talking about, or he doesn't. (Same for all the other medical pros we know.)

Anyhow, that's not to say that there aren't some convincing, scary articles out there that (if true) could indicate taking the vaccine is a bad idea.  But with the sheer number of people it would take in order to keep a grand conspiracy quiet, I just don't think it's really plausible. 

So, my first shot was over a month ago and I haven't grown any extra arms or legs.   My cell phone reception hasn't improved, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been emitting any 5G or WiFi signals.  A lot more people have died from the virus itself than have died from the vaccine.  And, we all have to die from something.

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
PW...''And, we all have to die from something.''

wolfy... ''And, I prefer old age or a motorcycle wreck....NOT a virus that we have vaccines to prevent.''

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
    400 years after Cervante's published his novel 'The Ingenious Knight of La Mancha,  I envision a man charging over the landscape. Standing firmly in the back of a lifted Ford F150, he approaches the silhouette of 30 or 40 windmills on the horizon. Blowing into a horn with one hand while hoisting a modern day lance (AR) with other, he tops the crest of the hill.
     Just as Don Quixote discovered those many years ago, it is a profound disappointment. Not at all the evil first perceived but a chimera of shortsightedness.
     From inside the cab of the truck a voice can be heard "Dangit DuxDawg, wadda we doin' up here? This tilting at windmills is gittin' embarrassing! Them monsters of yours are just fellow citizens with a differin' opinion!"

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »
Why don't we all just respect what PW asked and leave the politics to another forum or at least the private section.

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2021, 09:19:43 AM »
Agreed
(Mark Twain)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2021, 07:00:35 PM »
This popped up on my 'news' tonight.....

https://apple.news/AQ87fwGWSTpOL5tmNRTIUNg

....kind of what I expected. :coffee:

Offline Sarge

• Water Stone
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2021, 08:16:38 PM »
Well, as discouraging as that is, it?s no surprise. Sounds like COVID is here to stay. At best, maybe it will eventually be like the flu and I get a vaccine every year. I get a flu shot every year and occasionally get the flu.

I know people that tested positive and had zero symptoms. I know some that lost taste/smell and said it was like a cold or sinus infection. I know people that were hospitalized. And I know people my age (early 50s) that died from COVID with no other co-morbidity factors. I also suspect many people having died from old age, cancer, COPD, and other diseases are labeled a COVID death. I reckon we gotta keep the COVID scoreboard as shocking as possible. I think week-to-week and month-to-month comparisons are far more helpful than the grand-total-since-we-began-keeping-records.

As a first responder, I was eligible to receive the vaccine. I debated whether or not to take it but ultimately decided to do it. I got the second dose (Moderna) last week. I had chills and a mild headache for a couple hours the following day but no other ill effects...yet. My wife works at a hospital; she got the Pfizer vaccine and had no side effects other than soreness at the injection sight. Did I make the right choice? I don?t know.
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 08:39:39 PM »
Mike that is a well thought out post and helpful.  I am on the list to get the shots and today the State health dept. said they would start on people 75 and over.  I have asked several people here who have had the shots and they went with Moderna.  No one I talked to went with the Pfizer. 

It is very difficult to sort the fact from fiction on what we read on the internet so hearing first hand from you and Craig helps me to accept the fact that probably better get it.  I have some health issues that could be a problem if I get Covid.
(Mark Twain)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 11:27:54 PM »
The way I see it, SOME protection is better than none.  I'm old & naturally have (in the parlance of the times, some health 'issues')....mostly pneumatic.  Lung problems from years of stirring the dirt, working in grain bins and smoking lots of unfiltered Camels during my college days leads me to believe that getting the Moderna vaccine was my best option.  Who knows? :shrug:

I remember this same 'hullabaloo' occurring during the poliovirus crisis back during the Eisenhower administration....L OTS of scary crap being flung in our paths.  I had nothing to say about it back then.  I was a kid, but I am eternally grateful that my parents had my brother & me inoculated as soon as the Salk vaccine became available!  My mom's younger sister spent YEARS in an 'iron lung' and was crippled for the rest of her life....just because she caught the disease ONE month before the vaccine to prevent it became available to the general public.

Not me, not this time....I'm doing the vaccines, no matter the babble I read on the web! 

Anyway, there floats my stick. :shrug: :popcorn:

EDIT:  reworded the sentence about my mom's sister....sorry, lost my train of thought. :doh:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 09:53:38 AM by wolfy »

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 07:03:49 PM »
Ironically, this showed up on my newsfeed today. :shrug:    See what I mean?....

https://apple.news/AwNVAPN7eQSyMI0iBgxsJsw

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2021, 08:44:31 AM »
I read a version of that story yesterday.  They left out some of the detail the WSJ spews forth.

The part about the door to door vaccination teams sounds a bit ominous, but not in Pakistan.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2021, 09:18:47 AM »
I read a version of that story yesterday.  They left out some of the detail the WSJ spews forth.

The part about the door to door vaccination teams sounds a bit ominous, but not in Pakistan.

Just something to ponder about mandatory vaccinations and the warnings that that some seemingly paranoid people are spreading,  while we've lived through allot of dire predictions,  the sun getting too close to us,  the oceans flooding the earth,  a new Ice age,  past and future pandemics, who can forget Y2K,  well, we're still around,  but one thing has changed that we should all be aware of,  back in the day it really didn't matter whether a politician had a D or an R after his name,  most cared about their country,  at least half of them today kept their fingers crossed when they took the Oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution,  because they hate this country, and that makes a huge difference on who we can trust to manage OUR country,  or what they want to inject into our bodies.    >:(   
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2021, 10:19:50 AM »
Pretty sure the regulars know where I stand on the politicians so I'll restrict myself to the covid vax debate.  We're as divided on this as anything in this country at this time.  I was sure that when I could,  I'd get it.  But I was not going to camp out in front of the livestock pavilion (Where most were getting theirs)  overnight and then have to GO BACK for another round.  Now Publix and Walgreens are giving it to seniors in FL.  Better but I'm 62.  Nope.  Come back later bub.

So I've had some time to think about it.  Kelly won't get it.  She's never got a flu shot and never had the flu.  Does it do any good that one spouse gets vaxed and one doesn't?  This is such an arbitrary illness.  I'm taking my vitamins D, C, and zinc.  I've heard that a lot of fatalities show a deficiency in D.  I don't know.  Cheap insurance.

I just spent 13 days at a Rendezvous with 1500 other folks.  We freely moved from vendor to vendor.   Camp to camp.  Tent to tent.  NOBODY washed their hands between every exchange.  They had beacoup handwashing stations and I saw people using them a lot... coming out of the hooters.  Word is we didn't create a "super spreader" event.  I would guess I breathed the same air, touched the same items on the trade blankets,  ate at the same food vendor tents as at least 75 percent of those 1500 other folks.  Not to mention a day of school kids and 2 days of general public wandering around trampling and invading our personal camps.

13 days.

Kelly and I have both been to the dentist and to get blood work done in the last week.  Blood O2 fine.  Temperature fine.

So I guess I'll just try to eat right, take my vitamins, and put in an hour or two in the woods hiking the dingos.

We're going fishing at the beach tomorrow.  They say salt air is good for you.

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2021, 10:50:43 AM »
I understand your dilemma, Max.....I've thought about the same thing and the difficulty that people in the larger population areas of the country have in getting their shots....LONG queues of vehicles lined up for their vaccinations, some even camping overnight or even DAYS ahead of time.  When their turn finally comes, they find that the paltry number of inoculation ampules received at their particular clinic site has run dry!  Thankfully, in a town like ours, with a population of only 1062 people, there are no lines and within 5-10 minutes of arriving at the vaccination site, everyone gets the shot after having been notified a day or two prior to their scheduled appointment.   There just HAS to be a better way of administering & distributing the available doses to the masses.....you'd think. :shrug:

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2021, 11:18:39 AM »
We like our governor.  So I suspect the SNAFU is the feds.  Go figger.  Right?

"course now DeSantis is a pariah in DC.  Staunch Trumper.  We'll probably be the Lexus under the current admin's birds' roost.

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2021, 11:15:21 PM »
Heather and I got our 2nd Moderna vaccinations on the 4th of March....3 days ago.  Heather had some soreness in her arm and she felt abnormally tired yesterday afternoon...no symptoms or abnormalities today.  I felt NOTHING...no soreness, nausea, flu-like symptoms, etc. ....NOTHING. 

Just reporting in for the forum members who are curious as to the effects of THIS vaccine on US...... YMMV. :shrug:

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2021, 08:12:44 AM »
I am hearing a few get side effects from the second shot in our area but most are not.  These are people who are getting the Moderna vaccine.

Glad to hear you and Heather are doing well.
(Mark Twain)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2021, 08:33:36 PM »
It will be our day of FREEDOM on St. Patrick's day when we are 'fully protected' with the protection of the second Covid virus shot.  We've both had the second shot and will be able to travel safely (or as safely as we can expect to) on that date.  Heather seems more excited about that than I am, but I'm an introvert and she's a magnum-EXtrovert!  It's amazing that we have survived this last year as well as we have...NO major problems on the home-front, whatsoever.  :shrug:

We spent time around our fire-pit on the deck last night with our friends from Punta Gorda, FL that came back to visit John's 98 year old parents & Myra's mother who lives in a home for people with age-related dementia.  A cheese-plate, a couple of bottles of wine and some single-malt that John saved back from the bottle that we gave him last Christmas added to experience! 

Seemed good to see some real PEOPLE again, instead of 'virtual' visits, via Facebook! :thumbsup:

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2021, 09:27:00 PM »
Reading about the vaccines today I note that the CEO of Moderna vaccine says it ought to be good for two years.  It is 95% efficient and tests are ongoing regarding its effectiveness against the newer strains of the virus.  I would imagine a booster will be available by then.  Pfizer announced that it's vaccine is effective against new strains.

Our second shots are on the 25th of this month so we have a bit to go.   :-X
(Mark Twain)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
No worries, then.....we should be able to ride in complete confidence within the next month or so.  :thumbsup: :cheers:

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2021, 04:11:52 AM »
I just hope that we don't start seeing ads in a few years from attorneys that start off "If you received a Covid Vaccine, you may be entitle to compensation". :shrug:

Hopefully the country and world will get back to normal soon.