Author Topic: Three days, not one post ?  (Read 856 times)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Three days, not one post ?
« on: May 25, 2021, 05:52:11 PM »

Where did everybody go ?    :spider:    :shrug:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
Re: Three days, not one post ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 06:41:09 AM »
Packin' for a few months off the grid in NC.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »
It's too nice out not to be enjoying the nice Spring weather.  I've been out on the bike every day for the past week....not too hot, not too windy.  Perfect!  :thumbsup:

I've looked for fresh morels on three separate occasions over the last couple of weeks, but found NOTHING!   Too dry, hot & windy for them this year during the timeline when they normally appear.  It wasn't just me....nobody found any around here this year.  :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »
I'm going to scour our land for morels in a few days.  We've found Lions Mane and Chantrels.  I hope to get around to inoculating some logs with portabella and buttons this year.

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 03:45:44 PM »
I think it was more than three days Moe.  Near a week.  I posted once and that was all I saw.

Interesting thing though, last time I was on, a couple of days back, there were 104 guests looking at a bunch of different threads.  This one might not be terminal but it is going to be like the old folks sitting on the porch in the rocking chair I fear.  Not a bad thing, just the way it is.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 04:26:50 PM »
Frankly, I agree with Stan.  We're ok.  If the old guard would just post a new thread once or twice a week, fine.  I've quit forums when thr trolls and spammers just got in the way of enjoyment.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 08:34:43 PM »
Well, that's hard to hear.... I thought we were invincible.  We are, aren't we? :hail: :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 12:34:03 AM »
We've always been the underdogs.  I'll keep posting here.  Fer shur.

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 12:51:05 AM »

my right arm has been immobilized in a sling for a few months.  It's tiring and tedious to post with just my left hand! :'(  But I still stop by daily to see wahts new. 8)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 05:26:28 AM »
I think it was more than three days Moe.  Near a week.  I posted once and that was all I saw.

Interesting thing though, last time I was on, a couple of days back, there were 104 guests looking at a bunch of different threads.  This one might not be terminal but it is going to be like the old folks sitting on the porch in the rocking chair I fear.  Not a bad thing, just the way it is.

I wasn't counting, but it was a fair stretch of time,  generally this is my first stop after pouring my fist cup of coffee in the morning, and sometimes my last before retiring at night,  it's not unusual to get the 'there are no new unread posts' signal bar,  but it is unusual to get it every day for the better part of a week, it makes one think that something's not working quite right.
  As to your analogy about a bunch of old timers sitting in rocking chairs on the porch, I fear you're pretty much on point, I'm not looking forward to seeing the chairs start to empty out,  I'd still like to know what happened to Old 'P' ?

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 05:31:15 AM »
Well, that's hard to hear.... I thought we were invincible.  We are, aren't we? :hail: :shrug:

We were at one time old pard,  but not so much anymore, that song was playing in my head about the same time as the day I sold my last motorcycle.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 05:37:28 AM »
I'd like to think Old Philosopher traded screen time for garden and woods time... with a nice long nap in the afternoon.  Maybe a drum circle around the fire in the evening.  LOL

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 05:20:45 AM »
I'm visiting family up north this weekend.  Lots of driving.  I hate hotels, but airfare is too expensive.

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 04:35:50 AM »
I'm visiting family up north this weekend.  Lots of driving.  I hate hotels, but airfare is too expensive.

Have fun, stay safe.

Road trips are my preferred method of travel.  You get to see so much more and do what and when you want.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 12:17:13 PM »

Have fun, stay safe.

Road trips are my preferred method of travel.  You get to see so much more and do what and when you want.

Thanks!  Back home again.  Was one of those vacations you need a vacation from.  :-X

Offline windy

• Mill File+
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 11:06:59 AM »
Well, I been up in the hills a bit; Mama still lets me go, despite last Fall's fiasco, but she ain't a bit happy 'bout the new winch on old Rocinante, my '95 4runner.   Shucks, I had ta buy SOMETHING; the govmint gave me all thet free loot last Fall! I got a new 'lectric chainsaw last year, and it came in handy as I re-opened the Ladd Pass route to the river--FR-7409.  Got all the way around the loop until I hit about 4000 feet on the main FR-74 (higher) pass; a shady stretch still had about 3 feet of snow.  That's been over two weeks ago; I'd guess it's purty-near gone.  Went across Ladd yestiddy to drown a coupla wet flies and check the campsites; got about half a sack of tin cans and plastic.  Good thing the garbage man's due Friday; that's two batches off the same roads and campsites in the same overstuffed container, and the truck only comes every two weeks.  I'm afraid the ways of the world are gonna hit my private domain, up there, as I ran into a young feller in a hard hat out markin' the domain of an owl (spotted or otherwise; I didn't ask), so I guess they're gittin' ready to sell some timber off my side of the loop.  Also ran into a rust-colored snowshoe hare and a dumb little ruff hen that'd already lost all but one of her chicks.  She just stood there and stared at me fer way too long; hope she gains some smarts or she ain't gonna last 'til grouse season.  One more rig on the '09 road--a young family, in a jeep, lookin' fer a decent campsite.  I was happy to suggest the ones I'd just checked.
Guess I've been away fer a bit, but I'm surprised there was a whole three days with no new posts.  As y'all can see, I'm tryin' to make up the missing verbiage!
windy

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »
Well you're having fun it sounds like. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline hayshaker

• Water Stone
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 09:54:57 AM »
it's reall good to hear folks are getting out and about'
not so much for me these days lucky to go shopping.
been working on the garden a bit keeps me out of trouble heh heh.
any how that's about it i guess. oh yeah plan to do some canning soon
been hearing too much lately bout sever power outages this summer.
heck even the power co, made some referance to it in the monthly coop news letter. that woke me up.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 05:41:42 PM »
heck even the power co, made some referance to it in the monthly coop news letter. that woke me up.

I hope it gets better for you,  on a lighter note,  I was at the super market today to pick up a few things,  I usually do my shopping twice a month ever since the BS Covid restrictions went in, I was there about a week and a half ago and everything was the new normal aka everyone was wearing masks, arrows were painted on the floor showing direction of travel and social distancing,  workers were sanitizing shopping carts,  and register people were not allowed to interact with patrons beyond the glass barriers.
 To my surprise today was different, upon walking in I grabbed aa cart and walked in to the main store,  there were very few people wearing masks including the store workers,  gone were the painted arrows and taped distancing marks on the floors, and people were actually smiling and talking to one another,  I thought about turning around and entering the store again to make sure I wasn't seeing things that weren't there,  but then I figured just pinching myself might work,  but seriously,  today it looked and felt allot like the old normal.
 It looks like the People getting fed up with the "powers that be" and pushing back is starting to work.    :thumbsup: :cheers:

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 07:16:49 PM »
Same out here Moe.  Went to a museum function two months ago, restricted attendence and masks required.  Last Saturday the program and no seating restrictions and not one person wore a mask.  Sanity is slowly returning. ??? 
(Mark Twain)

Offline boomer

• Whetstone +
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 06:46:08 AM »

I hope it gets better for you,  on a lighter note,  I was at the super market today to pick up a few things,  I usually do my shopping twice a month ever since the BS Covid restrictions went in, I was there about a week and a half ago and everything was the new normal aka everyone was wearing masks, arrows were painted on the floor showing direction of travel and social distancing,  workers were sanitizing shopping carts,  and register people were not allowed to interact with patrons beyond the glass barriers.
 To my surprise today was different, upon walking in I grabbed aa cart and walked in to the main store,  there were very few people wearing masks including the store workers,  gone were the painted arrows and taped distancing marks on the floors, and people were actually smiling and talking to one another,  I thought about turning around and entering the store again to make sure I wasn't seeing things that weren't there,  but then I figured just pinching myself might work,  but seriously,  today it looked and felt allot like the old normal.
 It looks like the People getting fed up with the "powers that be" and pushing back is starting to work.    :thumbsup: :cheers:

Its good we're finally getting a little ahead of the recent pandemic. Please keep in mind this was neither the first nor the last pandemic. Without arguing reasons or politics it is simply a fact of life. We can look back and clearly see what has worked and what has not. More than half a million deaths in our nation alone should tell us something.

Some folks, for whatever reasons, despite limited knowledge of medical issues choose to see this pandemic via a perspective that basically ignores biology and medical science in general. I accept folks can and will do that even if it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

In historical terms we got lucky - eventually. Unfortunately, we waited too long to accept reality this time. I hope we will act more responsibly next time.

For there will certainly be a next time.

Thats not politics. That's biology.