Author Topic: Jeez.  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Re: Jeez.
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »
LOL.  You guys crack me up.
What does it take to start a fight online?
Just type something.

I've been back from 1800 for a week.  I'm pretty much ready to go back (with all our medical knowledge and meds of course).

I'm kinda thinkin' going back to my teenage years and trapping some.  Pretty sure I'll remember where the glands are after the first bite.

My wants if SHTF are salt, sugar, pepper, flour, more sugar, and seeds.  Call this MY great reset.  oh yeah... more beans.

Tony

:thumbsup: :cheers: :banana: :hail:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
Re: Jeez.
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2021, 10:35:31 AM »
oops... I forgot coffee.

In the book, "A Time Remembered" the subject of the book travels days on horseback through FL scrub like you really don't know it until you've been there.  All for some coffee.  And the remote outpost is out of beans.  Not one mention of depression.  Just matter of fact life goes on.  Deal with it.

It would take me a bit to figure out booze production.  Although if inmates can produce hooch, I guess I could.  Hard liquor would take a bit more work.  A certain member of the Kracaneuner Tribe had it down pat.  I'll not mention his name... but he's 6 feet tall.

So coffee would have to suffice as the hooch fermented and the distilling process was worked out.

The series of books called Foxfire delved into stills.  I know for a fact there are still stills cooking in the southern Appalachians.  I'll never be a mountain man in their eyes.  But maybe I can get someone to trust me enough to apprentice.  Hope springs eternal.

THAT is a product that would be valuable SHTF.

Now if I can figger out how to get one of my brothers to ship me some Bad Ass coffee beans.  More on that later.