Author Topic: Still Alive....  (Read 364 times)

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
Still Alive....
« on: September 28, 2021, 07:31:21 PM »
Howdy folks. Haven't been on here in a coon's age. Been a hectic couple of years for us. I had a "minor" heart attack a little over a year ago. The wife has been diagnosed with early stages of Parkinson's. One of my daughters had premature twin girls (both are OK now), other daughter's husband died of a heart attack in his sleep a month or so ago, and a week later she tried to commit suicide.

I guess if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. lol. We're getting older. If and when we find the time, we car camp. Our old legs and backs can't hike like they use to. Yes, we're still into squatching, lol. Just looking forward to try to get back on the swing on here so just bear with me. God bless y'all and God bless the USA.
Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Re: Still Alive....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 09:06:23 PM »
God bless you too and I hope things swing to the good side for all of you and your family.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 03:48:47 AM »
Glad to see you back and so sorry for all of the troubles you are experiencing.  Yes, God Bless you and all of us.  Hang in there!!!!

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 06:50:07 AM »
Howdy folks. Haven't been on here in a coon's age. Been a hectic couple of years for us. I had a "minor" heart attack a little over a year ago. The wife has been diagnosed with early stages of Parkinson's. One of my daughters had premature twin girls (both are OK now), other daughter's husband died of a heart attack in his sleep a month or so ago, and a week later she tried to commit suicide.

I guess if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. lol. We're getting older. If and when we find the time, we car camp. Our old legs and backs can't hike like they use to. Yes, we're still into squatching, lol. Just looking forward to try to get back on the swing on here so just bear with me. God bless y'all and God bless the USA.

Welcome back,  sorry to hear of your rough time,  hopefully it's all behind you, maybe there's hope for this place yet.

:welcome:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 07:23:04 AM »
Sorry for your pain.  Welcome back. 

Offline hayshaker

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 04:38:56 PM »
so sorry you've had such a long row to hoe. mercy just the same glad to have you back

Online OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 04:51:36 PM »
Yes good to hear from you but sorry to hear of the hard times for you and family.  Praying for healing and peace for you all! 
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »
Better times are definitely due you & yours, NB.....you've certainly had your share of bad times!  It seems like bad luck comes in waves sometimes, but like the Good Book says, God will never send you more than you can bear.  I will put you & your family on my prayer list! O:-)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 10:07:07 AM »
life goes on, with us or without us.  Glad you are doing better.  Nice to see you again.

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 05:37:48 PM »
Wow, that is a lot of bad luck!  Smoke sent for you and your family, hopefully things will get better.

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 07:42:11 PM »
Thank you all for your support. Trying to get back in the swing outdoors wise. Wife and I can't hike too far but we go out occasionally on the weekends for a day outing. Mainly exploring lost, forgotten cemetaries (Nature Girl is big into geneology), I douse for unmark graves, and we clean up old headstones with some special cleaner she got (the same used in National Cemetaries). Still looking for squatches as well, lol.  ;) We car camp using a WallyWorld teepee tent, and sleep on coleman folding cots. Our old bones can't take the hard ground anymore even with a pad. I still play with flint & steel, sharp things  ;) and we enjoy just sitting by a campfire and staring at the nightr sky. Still love finding and using USGI equipment, and Nature Girl loves to outdoor cook.

Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 05:20:43 AM »
Having a spouse that enjoys the outdoors as much as we do is a huge blessing.