Author Topic: Who da thunk...  (Read 396 times)

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
Who da thunk...
« on: March 29, 2021, 09:21:55 AM »
... that we'd be rooting for ditch traffic half a world away to open.  Kelly's buying a washer and dryer just because they may go further through the roof in price.

...oh well.  I needed to tidy up the garage.

Such a new and strange world today.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
Re: Who da thunk...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 06:02:27 AM »
as I keep pointing out.  Shortages and out of stocks are everywhere, but folks just don't really notice.  It isn't just ammunition that is in short supply.
Look for prices to keep going up. You simply cannot keep debasing the money supply with magic dollars and not have inflation.

Offline boomer

• Whetstone
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 07:48:07 AM »
Sound observation. Wrong conclusion.

Maybe it?s just hard for folks to accept just what?s going on or how we got here but that?s hardly news either. This isn?t the venue for in depth discussions of economic issues on way or the other. Let?s just say when the roof leaks don?t blame the rain or as in Latin ?Cui Bono?.

Part of the beauty of nature is there?s no care about the Benjamin?s, that?s a people thing. Things seem to work fine that way from what I?ve experienced.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 07:27:07 AM »
boomer.  Seriously?  You are always good for a laugh.  Not much else, but always a laugh. 

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »
My justification for the thread is that when we get back from a long camp we really need clean clothes.  Those appliances use microchips.  2 of 4 vehicles to get to camp and back use microchips.  We only use a gennie on our long (months) camping trips.   But we have 3.  At least one has microchips.
Phone (safety).  Microchips.
Ham radio (safety).  Microchips.
GPS.  Microchips.
Eyeglasses.  Pretty sure nobody hand grinds lenses anymore.  So machine to make them.  Microchips.
Solar chargers.  Forget about it.  Microchips.

The canal blockage directly affected this hobby/ pastime/sport/lifestyle/etc of ours.  And will probably for a long time. 

Offline boomer

• Whetstone
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
as I keep pointing out.  Shortages and out of stocks are everywhere, but folks just don't really notice.  It isn't just ammunition that is in short supply.
Look for prices to keep going up. You simply cannot keep debasing the money supply with magic dollars and not have inflation.

Good you appreciate humor. We?re going to need it.

Your defense and the issue of microchip based technology is one thing. What is quoted above is another. It is that misinformation that warranted my response. Tweaking Gresham?s Law to fit popular talking points just doesn?t work, even if folks wish it did or pretend it does  Of course, shifting a discussion away from the real issues is an all too common practice 

We find ourselves today as Livy found in his time. ?We can neither endure our vices nor face the remedies needed to cure them.?

Recycling misinformed talking points is not a solution. Just saying

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »
Hey, Boomer. Can you please learn how to use the apostrophe? Why is there a question mark at every location that should have one?

Also it is very true about supplies dwindling. Even the real deals and dollar tree stores are emptying out and not restocking like they used to. Tractor Supply Company also is about worthless when I need something. So for so good on the grocery stores.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:22 AM »
LOL.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:18 PM »
If using an Apple device to compose a post, this type of behavior can be see if your have the default setting of Smart Punctuation turned on. To turn it off, go to:

Settings > General > Keyboard, and then turn off the ?Smart Punctuation? toggle.

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 02:16:08 PM »
Greg's so nice.

Offline boomer

• Whetstone
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 02:33:10 PM »
If using an Apple device to compose a post, this type of behavior can be see if your have the default setting of Smart Punctuation turned on. To turn it off, go to:

Settings > General > Keyboard, and then turn off the ?Smart Punctuation? toggle.

"Thank you"   

New phone and uniformed user

Trust the content was decipherable in any case. May know a fee things but this aint one of them